środa, 3 listopada 2010

Mały Belgrad

ul. Belgradzka 4 lok. 9U
Metro Natolin
18 - 26zł for a main dish
Serbian / Bulgarian
http://malybelgrad.pl/index.htm

My husband and I LOVE Mały Belgrad.  First of all, for us it's conveniently close to home and second of all, the food is consistently delicious.  We've eaten here at least once a month since they opened (in 2008??) and have never had a bad meal.  One major con is that the restaurant is quite small and often full.  There are 8 tables, most of them 2 tops that can be pushed together for bigger groups, but be sure to ask a polish speaking friend to make a reservation for you!  Another trip up for foreigners is that they don't have an english menu - but there are pictures and some names are common enough to recognize (musaka, cukinia, etc.) besides the fact that I'll give you the scoop on all their best food right now, just be sure to grab a paper and pen . . .

Starting at the beginning -

SOUP
  • Zupa z Soczewicy -- Lentil soup -- this is how my husband and I fell in love with this restaurant, it is the most delicious lentil soup I've ever tasted
  • Gęsta Zupa z Kurczaka -- Chicken Soup -- just like grandma used to make it!
  • Zupa z klopsikami -- this actually IS the chef's grandmother's soup and really worth a try :)
APPETIZERS
  • Smażona Cukinia -- our favorite appetizer.  Butter fried zucchini (courgette) topped with garlic sauce
  • Naleśniki po Jugosłowiańsku -- Spinach crepes, battered and deep fried, covered in the same delicious garlic sauce.  I order this often as a full meal
DINNERS
  • Kurczak "Montenegro" -- My absolute favorite dish.  Chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with potatoes or rice and coleslaw.  I don't even like mushrooms, but I love this. 
  • Saszłyk "Hajducki" -- Pork, wrapped in bacon cooked on a skewer on the grill. YUM. 
SALADS
As a general rule, Warsaw isn't the best place for getting great salads (I'll keep you posted as to where the best are) but the salad I'm about to list my husband dies for every summer.  It's his favorite meal then, not exactly healthy but...
  • Sałata Leskovaczka - bed of greens topped with liver, wrapped in bacon and grilled.  Served with toast.
This should get you started.  Hope you enjoy!!!

Been to Mały Belgrad and loved it?  Tell us about it below!
Have another favorite dish?  We'd love to hear from you :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz