sobota, 6 listopada 2010

Delizia

This Italian restaurant was strongly recommended by one of my friends and he insisted that this is the only place in Warsaw where you are served decent portion of truffles. So be it, tonight is the Italian night. 

The restaurant has big windows but the view onto Poznańska Street is not exactly spectacular. Just an average street in a busy city. There are about 8 tables and a small bar, so it is better to book ahead if you are planning on having dinner in the evening. The atmosphere is a bit different from what I expected (a cosy Italian restaurant). The décor is rather simple, lot of shades in shades of beige and brown. The tables are wooden but either were they too high or the chairs were too low because I needed a pillow to feel comfortable with the height between my mouth and the plates. And just for the record 1,70m is not small, is it?;-)

But let’s get to the point, which is food, shall we? I was a bit nervous due to the character of the meeting so I lazily but willingly followed recommendations of Lorenzo and pick up tuna tartar and tagliolini with truffles. Tuna was perfectly fresh, delicate and not spoiled with any unnecessary spice, just fresh pepper and a dash of balsamico. The main course was an absolute REVELATION: truffles freshly sliced, aromatic and lavishly scattered all over the plate and the best tagliolini I have ever had. Pasta generally is at the end of my food list and I hardly ever order it, but here it was worth every penny.

I’ve tasted a bit of carpaccio as well and it was nothing but good. We took a bottle of house wine and the choice was really good (I.G.T. Montagner Veneto) and in a reasonable price (65zł).

Menu is in English, Polish and Italian. Lorenzo speaks English, Italian and very good Polish, which is a reason to congratulate him. Staff is helpful, friendly and ambiance is very familial. I would definitely recommend delizia and shall be coming back there from time to time. 
Monika


http://www.delizia.com.pl/
ul. Hoża 58/60 Warsaw
(entrance Poznańska Street)
Monday to Saturday, 12 to 22, Sunday closed
Reservations:+48-22 6226665

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz